Sunday, March 28, 2010

What a great dinner... even if I say so myself


Last night was the Spring Fling season opener at my house. This to me is the official start to all the warm season parties. Next one will be out on the deck (hopefully) So I told you the menu in previous post. Everything was ready on time. The beef was perfect (mad gravy too) the pork ( 2 different sorts) perfect and people raved, the venison was so tender that my good friend C who cooks it all the time wants my marinade recipe! That is a compliment, since Ruffel just looked at it and said "you over cooked it" I will just remind Ruffel that there were a mere four slices left that good buddy Bert took home for his lunch... over cooked my ass, go have another beer and keep quiet. This from the man who did nothing to help but pick up the hot dog and ham burg buns for the kids, who actually preferred the other food. Tomato boccocini salad- hit-Cesar salad - hit- potatoes in puff pastry- hit. There were only four of us women in the group so we say on the comfy living rooms chairs while the pile of men (and I mean pile) help there own form of court at the kitchen table, seating 12 altogether. The chatter coming from there was at times very funny. Men are worse yakkers than the woman... hands down... just glad they had fun. A few of the guest stayed over night due to overindulgence. at my insistence, safer for all involved. Big cooked breakfast in the morning with a lunch then departure just before dinner. Over the next few days I will post pics of the group and tell a little story on them all. Till then this is one whipped kitty who needs her sleep.
Drearily yours,
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home