Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mott the Hoople

Saturday is usually the day I lounge around in my pj's doing as little as possible for as long as I can. In fact there have been Saturdays that have found me in pj's all day and then right back into the night. A very relaxing day, but not a very "living" day. So I went to work yesterday for 2 hours, just enough time to serve the needs of the office and just the push I need to get my day on the go. I hate to waste a precious second of any day given to you. As the old saying goes "today is a present you give yourself", so with that in mind I went to work, had tea with a friend, and then went and bought some Lip Venom lip plumper (Just for one day in my life I would just love to have Angelina Jolie lips!) and picked up my sleeping pills (script). Yes, with a mind like mine it never wants to shut off, these pills give me nine minutes from the moment they hit my gullet till I am out like a light. So, on my way to the drugstore in Angus (the g is silent) a song comes on the radio, China Grove by the Doobie Brothers, I am singing along when a thought hit me, I wonder what ever happened to Mott the Hoople? That Mick Ronson, he was hot. Loved their music. Then Ian Drury jumped into the picture and I had a moment of silence for him and Robert Palmer. If you don't remember them, Ian sang, "Sex and Drugs and Rockn'Roll, he died of a heart attack at a very young age, must have been the sex, drugs and possibly the rockn' roll. Robert Palmer, same thing, heart attack. I wonder if they were playing charades at the time... you know they were having a heart attack when it was their turn but their team was so bad they had no idea what was happening, they're guessing " bad eggs?" "left your heart in San Fran?" "a bad Fred Sanford impression?" well, I loved their music and sorry that their time here on the planet was cut short. So if you know anything about Mott the Hoople... or don't... Google them and let's find out where they are.
Hooping you are all grand and really good charade players,
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home