Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wow

So, I am planning a little soiree this Saturday evening... thus the need to find something different for dessert. Voila, enter Martha. I have her cookie bible. Think of any kind of cookie going and it is in her book. Thing is, I love cookies. Not that I can really eat them, but I love them all the same. I made my shopping list, which included a small bottle of rum for the rum melt aways, raisins for the oatmeal cookies, lemons for the lemon shortbread's and a whole other plethora of ingredients that were on the short list of my pantry holdings. I started to bake around 2 in the afternoon and finished the last of the marathon baking around seven pm. I now have on hand for my guests (and a certain Dr. J that I work for) chocolate ginger snaps, oatmeal cranberry-raisin, oatmeal raisin-chocolate chip with maple syrup frosting, lemon shortbread, earl grey shortbread, and rum meltaways. I plan to offer the selection of cookies with french vanilla ice cream and a little fresh fruit. I think it will make a nice light end to the main course which will include: roast pork, roast beef, and roast venison (all having been marinated in various herbs, juices and vinaigrette's) creamed potatoes in a phyllo pastry, scalloped onions, Caesar salad, a green salad, tomato boccocini salad, glazed carrots in honey, french bread, orzo and peas with mint and a fine selection of wines to compliment the meat choice. I think it will be delightful for all who attend. Tomorrow I start the process of cleaning... ugh. In some ways I think that this is the only reason that I have people over, so I will do a thorough cleaning, naw, not really, I keep a pretty neat house. So I will be taking pictures of the people and the food so that you can see what I have been up to. Till then, I am dreaming of new ways to set the table.
stewartly yours,
Cat x

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2010 at 1:38 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

Sounds delicious, wish I was there!

 
At March 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Cat Haynes said...

You could be if you caught a flight on Friday? I will save the end bit of the venison if you so desire. I know what a carnivore you are... me I'll stick to the carrots and green salad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home