Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Writers Block

There are many different opinions about writer's block. There is the hard nosed thought that writer's block does not exist that it is just a case of the lazies. Well, I think of myself as a writer and there are times when just nothing comes to my mind. These times are not very often, in fact most of the time it is the opposite. I simply cannot turn the mind off, so I write, a free flowing blah blah of whimsical nonsense. Sometime I tell you of the fun times (and bad times) that I have been having. Today was a day of really nothing. I went to work, came home cut the grass, made supper, and then I went to the knitters group. When I came home I had the usual battle with the kid to get him to bed. While I played a time wasting game on Pogo, Ruffel swayed between watching the Ice Road Truckers and snoring. Finally at 10 I watched Nurse Jackie while Ruffel woke up to go to bed. I was still pondering as to what I could write about and thought that I would write about writer's block as I seem to be suffering from that very condition tonight. I thought of some things that I could write about during the day... but for the life of me I can't remember any of them tonight. Maybe I am suffering from just plain being tired, too much fresh air from cutting the grass, I don't know. I apologize for the lack of inspiration that would lead me to write some titillating tale of woe or happiness or whatever. So here's to tomorrow, lets hope I find a fountain of inspiration. Maybe I should do what Ernest Hemingway used to do... find the bottle of whisky and see what sort of ideas I can find at the bottom of it.
Bottoms up till the 'morrow...
till then,
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home