Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweatpants and Unmentionables

I have a theory on why there are so many overweight people... sweatpants. See if you wear sweatpants all the time you really have no idea how much weight you are gaining. If you wear tighter fitting or fitted pants (or any clothes for that matter) you are more aware of what your body is doing. Don't believe me? Just have a look around next time you are out walking around. The ones in sweat pants, the ones that are dressed for any sort of sporting emergency... huh... they are past the call of the emergency. See I know this first hand. I used to come home from work and pile into my sweat pants or leggings whatever you want to call them, then after you have eaten that big meal or whole box of cookies you still feel great 'cause the pants have expanded with you, not against you like a fitted pair of pants would do. Now as to the unmentionables, if you are wearing granny panties or a sports bra you are falling into the same trap as sweat pants. I think you are more on top of the situation if you wear dental floss with an eye patch in front. Believe me you will be so much more aware of what your ass and other body parts are doing. Think back to the '50's when so many women used to dress in high heels and flare skirts ( you know like Mrs. Cleaver, "gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night") I mean you just had to be so aware of every ounce you put on or took off. I think that things (meaning eating habits and food for that matter) were a little easier back then. Food and meal times were a family affair with home cooked meals and a much healthier balance of fat, carbs and sugar. So you might wonder where all this thought is coming from. Well today I caught an episode of Dr. Oz, I don't usually watch his show but I found his thoughts (and most of the medical community) on diet and heart disease quite interesting. No more than 10% of your daily intake should be from fat. 15 to 20% should come from protein, preferably veg protein (like tofu or beans) and 70 to 75% should be from complex carbs. A pretty simple formula to follow. Yeah, I knew you would say that. I am going to try to stick to that regime and see what happens. I don't have heart disease or high blood pressure or high cholesterol and I want to keep it that way! I also want to make sure that my dental floss doesn't get lost somewhere where I will never find it.
Feeling like a health nut,
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home