Monday, April 5, 2010

Everyone should have the day off

Do you ever notice that when it is one of those holidays that not everyone gets off, how pissed off the people are who are working seem? I mean there really should be a standard rule for holidays. Either everyone gets the day off or nobody gets the day off. Tell me why the postal worker gets the day off but the medical personnel don't. Why the teacher gets the day off but not the mechanic. Why the liquor store is closed yet the farmer still has to go out and roll out the straw? Oh wait... I just figured it out myself. Mail is so slow that it really doesn't matter missing another day, teachers, well, I'm not going there, and the liquor store, well, so far that seems to be the most important closure of all. The malls are all open, the grocery store is too, only the ones who get so many holidays and extra days off seem to qualify for yet another day off. Well, I went to work today, I love my job, wouldn't want the extra day off. Having the extra day off just makes it harder to get back into the swing of things. Tomorrow when I go to get my mail I will probably find the box empty 'cause the postal workers are still trying to get back into the swing of things. It will take till the end of the week to get things caught up and then look! it's Friday again, and they have two days off. I'm not slamming the postal workers, it is more of a government thing. This extra day off on the Easter weekend should have been cut out years ago. Good Friday I understand, but the Monday, really, how many postal workers do you know are religious? I have heard some of them say "mother of god" or "holy christ" but it is usually after they have been nipped by the dog or are having trouble on the new computer system when you are trying to buy a two cent stamp to cover the rise in price of the old stamps that you have a whole roll of. Oh well, I guess if they aren't going to change the words to Oh Canada they sure as hell aren't going to get rid of an extra day off. Just my two cents worth for today.
Wishing I had a government job,
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home