Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Lily's smell just like the funeral home...

Wow, my good friends who came for dinner for last Saturday night brought me tulips and a couple of Easter Lily's. I love flowers but have you ever noticed that they let of flower farts at night? I am sitting watching Kat Von D and I notice this horrible smell, a smell that is sickly sweet and reminds me of death. Hmmmm, maybe that is why they are called Easter Lily's, to remind us of the death of Jesus. I only have a couple of them in the house, but I have had to put them outside for the night, the smell was becoming oppressive. No offense to the nice people that gave them to me. I will bring them back in the morning (temp will be warm tonight they will be fine). Not only is there the overpowering smell of Easter lilies there is also the buzzing of cluster fly's. Man, that is the worst thing about living out in the country on a beef (shit) farm is the freaking flys. They are the most irritating things going. Why the hell they were ever introduced here is beyond me. They have adapted so well to our climate and surroundings they are taking over in the millions. I feel that they have no natural predators other than the fly swatter. They show up in black droves, they swarm the house and windows. They dive bomb at your dinner or cup of tea when you are trying to eat and drink. Reading in bed is a challenge as they love to fly around the lamp shade banging in to the side of it all the time, anything to disrupt your reading or sleeping time. The absolute worse thing is making your bed in the morning and finding squished fly's but even worse only half of fly bodies wondering who in the bed ate the other half. The flys signal the beginning of the spring season which also translates into the heavy vacuum system.
Hoveringly yours,
fly infested Cat xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home