Friday, March 12, 2010

Choice of People

I have taken to writing my post the day after. This way I have more time to think about what and how I am going to put thoughts to paper (or screen), hopefully you will continue to read and add comments. So with that out of the way, here is what I noticed yesterday. I went out with the man I sleep with to get some oil. Hmmm, I mean oil that you put in an engine... a vehicle engine. Well what a let down, Wal-Mart was out of the stuff he was looking for. He decided that he would like to get a pair of jeans from Marks' Work Wear house... another disappointment, no jeans his size. I needed bananas so I trundled off to the Price Chopper next door to get some bananas. Entered the que to pay for the bananas (and avocado). Now here is where I see the difference in grocery stores. When you pay bargain basement prices for your "stuff" you will have people serve you who look like they should be in the basement or have spent most of their life in the basement. The girls and guys that work at Loblaws or Sobeys all look nice, just the sort of person I want handling the food that I am going to eat. Bargain basement.... lets just say that I was not sure if the clerk was looking at me or some far off ship coming in from sea.. the old saying one blew north, one blew east. To top it all off she had more of a beard, no, wait, more like a frenzied cluster of hair growing out of what I can only assume is a white mole on her chin. You know, shit happens, but obviously this woman with her eyes each blowing different directions did not notice the 4 inches of curly hair sprouting from her chin. Thing is would not someone else tell her? She must have a friend or even an enemy who would say "Hey, I think your cat spit up a hair ball and it is stuck to your chin!" or, "The hair institute is looking for donations of chin hair to make some wigs... you have enough for 3". Or maybe this is how she puts herself to sleep at night, stroking her chin, twirling the long hairs in her fingers until the sheep have all jumped over the fence. Whatever, my point is I don't want people who look like cretins handling my food. The bananas, well I have to check them and wash them before I even crack the peel, 'cause if I find a hair I will puke! So my advice for today is... you get what you pay for not only in product but also in visible service... I wonder of Pusateris has bananas?
Clean shavenly yours,
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home