Thursday, June 17, 2010

Process of Elimination

Do you remember the story I told you about the dog killing the coon when the kids were frog catching? Remember that I said that the dog has probably dragged the body home and left it somewhere quiet and hidden till the stench factor has reached an all time high? Remember how I said all those things? Well, I was out cutting the grass when I noticed the body of a coon laying over by the hay bales. I mean, I think it was the same coon, hard to tell, all coon's look alike to me. Same black mask, ringed tail, you know what a coon looks like right? They are in the same category as zebra's, even though it is thought that no two zebras have the same stripes. I'd like to know who is charge of cataloging the stripes of all the zebras on the planet to make sure that no two are the same. If they find that there are two that are the same what would they do? Add an extra stripe somewhere when no-one is looking? Anyway, I digress. So I see this body laying there and think that I had better go and pick it up and put it in the incinerator (also know as the wood stove, outdoor wood stove that is). I go and find a shovel to pick up the remains, but as I go to pick up the coon, he rolls over. Not that he was alive (I say he, but I really don't know what sex it was) but that the distention of his body had rounded him somewhat. So I go at him a little harder and more aggressively with the shovel when to my utter disgust I nick his belly and it pops like a balloon! OMG! the body fluids and yellow stuff just flowed out like breaking the burnt sugar crust off a creme brule. The smell hit me like the wall of putrefaction that it was. I walked as fast as I dared to get the stinking mass of guts and brown fur to that wood stove. Thank goodness I had the wear with all to open the door before I had my hands full of shovel while trying really hard not to puke my own guts out. After I had shut the door I got to thinking... hmmmm.... that coon has been dead for about a week, it should have been really stiff, that body was not stiff... shit.... that means there must be another body out there somewhere. I guess I will just have to take a walk around and see if I can "sniff" it out.
Till next time... thinking of making egg salad sandwiches.
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home