Monday, June 21, 2010

MoJo

I have found the secret potion to make my baseball mojo stand at full attention. I was so pumped tonight for the game, I even hit the ball... decent hit that is... she almost missed catching it, but caught it, anyway, the point is I got that good crack sound out of the bat not that little ping that I usually get. A couple of hours before the game I was feeling really tired and didn't think that I would be able to gather up enough steam to get to the 8:30 start, that instead I would just rather go to bed. I really didn't want to let the team down by not showing up, in fact if I had not gone, the team would have had to forfeit the game. So I am sitting on the couch thinking what, what could I take that would get me going. AHA! espresso with steamed milk , sugar and cinnamon, yummy. I had two whole mugs and I still feel like I could run a marathon, and it is after 10 at night! I was smoking out there. I had the chatter going, I jogged in and out of the field, I ran, ran hard when I hit the ball and even had the power to give it a good "cut". Cut is a nice term for trying to nail the ball with all your might but missing it totally. But the "cut" was good. The girls were on the ball tonight too. We had good pitching and good throwing, much better than the one game where the bitch stepped in and cut me out. So, my plan is to start every game with a healthy dose of espresso and maybe even take a tank or two for the rest of the team... you never know, I might be onto something.
Till next time, cleaning out closets and pressing my underwear...
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home