Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just Wondering

Do you ever wonder what people really think of you? If they ever look at you and say in their heads" Holy crap, how long do I have to sit here and listen to this and look as if I really give a damn?" I often wonder if I provoke those sorts of thoughts in the minds of my friends. My close friends here it all from me. I am a talker, a yakker, a yad about. I love to talk to people, but more importantly, I love to listen. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I really am interested in what people have to say. I love to hear about where people have come from, their experiences, everything. I think I perfected the art of listening ( it really is an art) while I was a hairdresser. You are standing behind a chair, combing someones hair and the words just spill out of their mouths. You would be amazed at some of the things that people have told me, things that they have probably not ever told anyone else. I think there is a feeling of safety under the cloak of anonymity. I have had perfect strangers tell me things that have made me blush. cringe, fret, cry and laugh. I wish I could tell you some of these things, but, the truth is I can't. It's not because I feel bound by some unwritten oath to secrecy but because truthfully, I just can't remember half of it. See, I have been listening to everything that they have been saying, but at the same time I am having a conversation of my own going on in my head. It goes something like this
" Holy crap, how long do I have to keep combing this hair and looking like I give a crap about what you are saying?" Just joking! I would never think that... well not all the time anyway. That's just my point, you can never tell what people are thinking, least of all your friends. That must be how the saying "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" came about. I really did care and still do care about what my clients and my friends now tell me. I just wonder what they think about me. Just my thought for today.
Thoughtfully yours,
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home