Sunday, February 21, 2010

What a gorgeous day.

What a ab fab day today. The sun was shining brilliantly through the windows. My family was all here for dinner. Roast beef with a honey Dijon basting, roast potatoes, broccoli-cauliflower bake and hot apple-strawberry crisp with hot custard for dessert. Yummy. I find it easier to cook for a load of people than just a couple. Why is that? I think because I am a person of extremes. There is no grey area with me, it is either black or white, love or hate, yes or no. I don't find cooking a chore at all, I love to get all the dishes out and use everything that I have. I love going to grocery stores more than going to a shoe store- yes I really am a woman- just would rather cook than shop for shoes. I love to make people feel good in their tummy, my way of giving them a hug from the inside out. Now I don't have to do any cooking for a couple of days. There are left overs from the ham and scalloped potato supper last night to the roast beef dinner tonight. I think that meal times are very important, that the family should all sit together and enjoy not only the food but also each other. The French and the Italians (actually most Europeans) have the right idea about meal times. It is the Americans that seem to have made meal times into a marathon of eating, maybe this is why the North Americans suffer more from obesity than any other country in the world. So if any of you readers would like to come to dinner some time, just let me know and I will be sure to set an extra place at the table for you. Chow on!
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home