Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Just Wanna Know

The season of summer brings all sorts of extra work. There is the pool to open and get clear. The grass that seems to grow non stop. The weeds that seem to grow even faster. This is all fine, this is the pay off for the great weather, and I mean really after a long dull winter in the house it is great to get out and enjoy the sun and heat and fresh air. The only thing I don't understand is why at my house nothing works. I have a riding lawnmower that will not start unless you shove the screwdriver in just the right spot,which happens to be in very close proximity to where I have spilt gas (because the gas can I have to use does not thread properly so the gas leaks out, oh, we have about 8 of these kinds of gas cans) the flying sparks ignite a very real and very large fear in me. I mean, I have just managed to get my hair past my shoulders and I have no intention of burning it off! There is also the thought of making gardens and planting the odd tree. Here again comes into play the notion that although we have nine million dollars worth of heavy equipment around here (backhoe, skid steer, dump truck, tractors etc. etc) I have to dig a hole for anything that I want to do with a shovel... did I mention that we live on the escarpment, yep, every two and half inches you hit a rock. Very frustrating to say the least. Oh well, I guess I could look at it as my workout. I cut the three acres of lawn with a push mower... up hill both ways... in my father's pyjamas no less... so that has to be worth at least 800 calories gone. See, there is always a bright side to everything.
Till next time, pushing sunshine your way...
Cat x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home