Saturday, January 2, 2010

What will I do with this day?

Well, the second day of January has dawned (surprise, surprise) even wilder than the first. The snow continues to bellow in from the bay, pushed by the vicious artic winds from... you guessed it, the artic. Even the hounds want no part of this extreme climscape, ( a word I made up, that is part climate, part landscape). If I was any sort of computer techy I would find a way to put a video clip up of the scenery here, but alas, since I am only a lowly newbie, you will have to take my word for it.

So the lazy side of my personality won in the question of whether to go snow shoeing with my son yesterday. I went back to the couch to read my book, which is fascinating, only thing is I can only read it during the day as I find it too scary to read it at night. The book is The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova. It is about the quest for the finding of the final "resting" place of Dracula. Very well written and very interesting, worth picking up. Even if you are not a Dracula fan, I really think that you might enjoy it... Dracula is not one of my fav characters in the long list of novel personalities.

I have to close now, I need to work on an upcoming column for the local paper. I write a little ditty about "sayings" with a little personal touch to them. If I was smart enough I could set up an archive site with all these things.
Till next time,
be happy where you are, any way you can.
Cat

6 Comments:

At January 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

Hi Cat,

I love the blog.

Post your sayings for your column on here too.

 
At January 2, 2010 at 11:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cat, keep writing, posting, blogging - whatever it is - it's wonderful.

 
At January 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Cat Haynes said...

thanks for the positive input.
Luv Cat x

 
At January 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! what a great thing to do..
Félicitations!

 
At January 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Cat Haynes said...

Thanks Maeline! thanks for being a follower! Such a compliment, merci!

 
At January 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Cat Haynes said...

Hi Trace,
Thanks for being a follower. Won't be as exciting as your brothers blog! Hope you are happy and well and gearing up for an exciting new year!
Cheers, Cat x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home